The Official Blog of the
Williamstown Theatre Festival

Saturday, July 11, 2009

WTFaces | Reed Wilkerson, Apprentice Coordinator

NAME: Reed Wilkerson

DEPARTMENT: Workshop

POSITION: Apprentice Coordinator!

YEARS WITH FESTIVAL: 2

HOMETOWN: Fort Worth, Texas

SCHOOL/TRAINING: Studied Theatre Management at the University of Evansville

FAVORITE PLAYWRIGHTS: Dion Boucicault, Horton Foote, and Jim Leonard Jr.

FAVORITE PLAYS: Broke-ology by Nathan Louis Jackson, August: Osage County by Tracy Letts and The Cherry Orchard by Chekhov

FAVORITE NON-THEATRE ACTIVITIES: Sports, hanging out with my friends and family

HOW DID YOU GET YOUR POSITION?

Last year my good friend Emily Kent was looking for an assistant to help her run the Apprentice program and brought me along with her.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE OR FIRST MEMORY OF WTF?

My favorite memory of Williamstown is when we close the office for the morning and go to the Blue Ben for brunch. I also really enjoy opening nights because it’s a time to celebrate all of the hard work we put into a production.

WHAT ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES THIS SUMMER?

I am responsible for scheduling the Apprentice Company for festival rehearsals, run crews, special events and work calls. I also schedule all of the Apprentices’ daily and master classes and serve as a liaison between the Apprentices and the other festival staff. I also help House Manage all of the Workshop shows and coordinate Kids’ Day.

WHAT ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO?

I am looking forward to seeing all the Workshop shows. The late night shows are a really fun way of seeing new and exciting theatre.

TO WHAT DO YOU ASPIRE?

I aspire to one day be the General Manger of a large not for profit regional theatre.


[photo] Sam Hough for WTF ’09 [pictured] Reed Wilkerson

No comments:

Post a Comment