The Official Blog of the
Williamstown Theatre Festival

Thursday, July 23, 2009

WTFaces | Rachel Welt, Company Management Intern


NAME: Rachel Welt.

DEPARTMENT: Company Management.

POSITION: Intern.

YEARS WITH FESTIVAL: This is my first!


HOMETOWN: Levittown, New York.

JOB OUTSIDE THE FESTIVAL: Student.

SCHOOL/TRAINING: The Hartt School at The University of Hartford.


FAVORITE PLAYWRIGHTS: Neil LaBute, Neil Simon, Thornton Wilder

FAVORITE PLAYS: The Pillowman, Reasons to be Pretty, The Importance of Being Earnest

FAVORITE NON-THEATRE ACTIVITIES: Singing, anything music.


HOW DID YOU GET YOUR POSITION?
I sent in a resume, had a phone interview, and the rest is history!


WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE OR FIRST MEMORY OF WTF?
Family Dinners!


WHAT ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES THIS SUMMER?
Team CoMo does a lot of everything. Days for me consist of train runs, airport runs, answering phones, moving beds, making beds, filling out forms, delivering paychecks, delivering mail, ordering linens, hooking up phones, hooking up fans, running errands, etc. I personally am working Knickerbocker and The Torchbearers and it's so fun to be able to interact with the actors.


TO WHAT DO YOU ASPIRE?
I'd just like to have a career that makes me happy and pays my bills. Also, it would be pretty sweet to have my name in a Broadway playbill.

[photo] © SAM HOUGH for WTF 2009
[pictured] Rachel Welt

No comments:

Post a Comment