The Official Blog of the
Williamstown Theatre Festival

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

WTFaces | Megan Perry, Asst. Costume Shop Mgr.

NAME: Megan Perry.

DEPARTMENT: Costumes.

POSITION: Assistant Costume Shop Manager.

YEARS WITH FESTIVAL: First Season.

HOMETOWN: Roscommon, Mich.

JOB OUTSIDE THE FESTIVAL: Costume Shop Manager, Merrimack Repertory Theatre

SCHOOL/TRAINING: Northern Michigan University

FAVORITE PLAYWRIGHTS: Oscar Wilde, David Lindsay-Abaire, Christopher Durang


FAVORITE PLAYS: Duck Variations, Pippi Longstocking, Les Miserables, The Fantasticks, Moon for the Misbegotten.

FAVORITE NON-THEATRE ACTIVITIES: Reading, Writing, Crafting, Singing, Long walks on the beach, playing with my kitty


HOW DID YOU GET YOUR POSITION?

My Production manager at MRT told me I should. So I applied and Spencer [Costume Shop Manager] hired me! Very cool.


WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE OR FIRST MEMORY OF WTF?

Winning my first game of scrabble and chillin with the carpenters in the rain for four hours.


WHAT ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES THIS SUMMER?

The main thing I am working on this summer is assisting the costume manager. I work on every single show where I can, stitching, crafting, wig maintenance, doling out duties, and inputting all budgets.


WHAT ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO?

Watching how The Torch-Bearers unfolds in the process. We have a lot of work to do on our biggest show, and I am incredibly impressed with the work put out by the people in this shop already. It will be fantastic to see once the process is completed.


TO WHAT DO YOU ASPIRE?

Many things, but as of now I love costume shop management so I do want to continue to work in that area.

No comments:

Post a Comment